At a town hall meeting a Syrian immigrant blasts John McCain (R-AZ) over supporting the Syrian rebels who have ties to Al Qaeda. John McCain’s body language says it all. He initially refuses to make eye contact with the woman who stands begging before him less than a foot away from his face. “My cousin was killed last week!” Her words are strong, passionate and true. “We do not want another engagement in the Middle East. We do not want Al Qaeda to take over,” she screams. McCain simply looks away as if he is more concerned with getting back to his iPhone poker game. He even laughs at one point.
John McCain’s counter was simple. “I’ve been to Syria too,” he says. He provides no real substance other than an emotionally based argument that Assad is a butcher. John McCain joined only two other republicans in voting in favor of the Senate resolution to engage in a Syrian war. All eyes are now resting on the House to see how members will vote.
Latest posts by Michael Lotfi (see all)
- Sen. Rand Paul’s wife talks about running for president in 2016 - Aug 25, 2014
- UN Ambassador: Obama releasing details of failed Foley rescue from ISIS is security breach - Aug 23, 2014
- LOTFI: Missouri Governor speaks out- Adds fuel to fire in Ferguson unrest - Aug 20, 2014
- Listen to Ron Paul defend Rick Perry regarding indictment - Aug 19, 2014
- Breaking: Missouri Governor calls National Guard to Ferguson - Aug 18, 2014