We have been covering the Virginia gubernatorial race for a few weeks now. Ben previously reported on how Sarvis was not being allowed to debate his democratic and republican counterparts. I then reported on how Sarvis has some questionable “libertarian values”.
Libertarian Booster PAC, a super PAC based in Austin, TX, provided Sarvis with his largest independent expenditure of $11.5k. The money was used to circulate the petition, which put Sarvis on the ballot and produce campaign materials.
The super PAC’s primary funder is Joe Liemandt, a software billionaire. Liemandt contributed $150k to the super PACs $229k operating revenue. Liemandt was invited to a private dinner with the President for his reelection last year. According to ABC News, Liemandt donated between $100-200k to the President’s reelection campaign.
Libertarian Booster PAC is primarily responsible for putting Sarvis on the ballot in Virginia. The Blaze contacted Sarvis’ campaign manager for comment. Meredith Jessup with The Blaze directly asked whether or not Sarvis had been recruited to take conservative votes away from Cuccinelli (R) to aid McAuliffe (D).
The campaign did not respond directly to questions concerning the Super PAC. “We’re coordinating Sarvis interviews with Richmond, Norfolk and Charlottesville TV news teams to reach Virginia voters – our first priority – on Election Eve,” said John Vaught LaBeaume, Sarvis communications director and strategist.
Liemandt’s did enter the PAC before Sarvis announced his intent to run. However, many still wonder if Liemandt is playing his cards to spilt conservative votes.
Latest posts by Michael Lotfi (see all)
- Obama sneaks 760 illegal immigrants into Tennessee: “It’s unacceptable. No one was told,” says Governor - Jul 26, 2014
- New Details: ISIS demand four million Iraqi women undergo genital circumcision - Jul 26, 2014
- Exclusive: Fake “Honest” Candidate Raises Over $70K Running Against Mitch McConnell and Allison Grimes - Jul 24, 2014
- LOTFI: Sen. Lamar Alexander must apologize for lying about opposing federal education - Jul 24, 2014
- LOTFI: How Rand Paul won the GOP’s war on foreign policy - Jul 7, 2014