According to Fox 25, a State Senator has filed legislation that he says would ‘reaffirm Oklahomans’ Second Amendment rights’ by not requiring law-abiding citizens to obtain a gun license.
In 2012, Oklahoma passed an “open carry” law that allowed permit-holders to openly carry firearms. Senate Bill 1473 goes beyond that. It restores 2nd Amendment rights by not requiring gun owners to obtain a gun permit.
State Sen. Nathan Dahm states, “The Second Amendment says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and yet when we require our citizens to jump through hoops, pay fees and undergo a process that presumes they’re guilty of something until proven otherwise, their rights are being infringed upon,” Dahm said in a press release. “Senate Bill 1473 simply says Oklahomans can carry firearms in all the places currently allowed by law, but they will no longer be required to obtain a license to do so.”
The bill is named after Piers Morgan, one of the most vocal gun rights opponents on cable news. Morgan responded to the bill tweeting, “UNBELIEVABLE.”
UNBELIEVABLE > http://t.co/Utk5ncfBRW …
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) January 23, 2014
Latest posts by Joshua Cook (see all)
- Exclusive Interview: Ted Cruz Too Hawkish For “Liberty” Republicans? - Mar 27, 2015
- Rand Paul Favors Boycott of Saudi Arabia - Mar 24, 2015
- Police Target Pot Activist Who Quit TV Job On Air - Mar 23, 2015
- Peter Schiff Says Don’t Believe the Hype: “The dollar is going to crash, buy gold” - Mar 22, 2015
- Exclusive Interview With Larry Pratt: “Gun Owners of America Is A Muslim-Free Zone” - Mar 20, 2015
TRUTH IN MEDIA EPISODE: ORIGIN OF ISIS
Support the Truth In Media Project
"Like" Ben Swann on Facebook