According to Fox 25, a State Senator has filed legislation that he says would ‘reaffirm Oklahomans’ Second Amendment rights’ by not requiring law-abiding citizens to obtain a gun license.
In 2012, Oklahoma passed an “open carry” law that allowed permit-holders to openly carry firearms. Senate Bill 1473 goes beyond that. It restores 2nd Amendment rights by not requiring gun owners to obtain a gun permit.
State Sen. Nathan Dahm states, “The Second Amendment says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and yet when we require our citizens to jump through hoops, pay fees and undergo a process that presumes they’re guilty of something until proven otherwise, their rights are being infringed upon,” Dahm said in a press release. “Senate Bill 1473 simply says Oklahomans can carry firearms in all the places currently allowed by law, but they will no longer be required to obtain a license to do so.”
The bill is named after Piers Morgan, one of the most vocal gun rights opponents on cable news. Morgan responded to the bill tweeting, “UNBELIEVABLE.”
UNBELIEVABLE > http://t.co/Utk5ncfBRW …
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) January 23, 2014
Latest posts by Joshua Cook (see all)
- Snowden: Private Explicit Photos Often Shared By NSA Agents - Jul 22, 2014
- Spy Games: British Agency Has Hacking Tool to Control the Internet - Jul 22, 2014
- D.C. Decriminalizes Marijuana, Obama Tells Feds To Not Interfere with States’ Rights Issue - Jul 21, 2014
- Congressmen King, Jones, Massie and Duncan Call for National Guard to Secure Border - Jul 20, 2014
- Rep. Massie on shocking 9/11 documents: “It challenges you to re-think everything” - Jul 16, 2014