According to Fox 25, a State Senator has filed legislation that he says would ‘reaffirm Oklahomans’ Second Amendment rights’ by not requiring law-abiding citizens to obtain a gun license.
In 2012, Oklahoma passed an “open carry” law that allowed permit-holders to openly carry firearms. Senate Bill 1473 goes beyond that. It restores 2nd Amendment rights by not requiring gun owners to obtain a gun permit.
State Sen. Nathan Dahm states, “The Second Amendment says the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and yet when we require our citizens to jump through hoops, pay fees and undergo a process that presumes they’re guilty of something until proven otherwise, their rights are being infringed upon,” Dahm said in a press release. “Senate Bill 1473 simply says Oklahomans can carry firearms in all the places currently allowed by law, but they will no longer be required to obtain a license to do so.”
The bill is named after Piers Morgan, one of the most vocal gun rights opponents on cable news. Morgan responded to the bill tweeting, “UNBELIEVABLE.”
UNBELIEVABLE > http://t.co/Utk5ncfBRW …
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) January 23, 2014
Latest posts by Joshua Cook (see all)
- Exclusive Interview: Obama Plans to Use Trans-Pacific Partnership as New Power Grab Disguised As Free Trade - Feb 26, 2015
- Experts Say ‘ISIS’ Beheading Video Digitally Enhanced - Feb 24, 2015
- Paul Would Be Most Competitive Against Hillary, Poll Announced - Feb 22, 2015
- Criminal Sexual Conduct Charge Dismissed Against Conservative Radio Host - Feb 21, 2015
- Life Under Obama’s Drones - Feb 17, 2015
Latest Truth In Media Episode: Origins Of ISIS
"Like" Ben Swann on Facebook