Yesterday, Billy E. Wilson, the mayor of Greenbrier, TN, was arrested after an extensive investigation, which proved he had been stealing money from the local “Toys For Tots” charity. Every year individuals flood the streets and grocery stores in the small Tennessee town asking for donations, which are supposed to be used to purchase Christmas toys for young children who cannot afford them.
Greenbrier residents say they have been suspecting Mayor Wilson of misconduct for years. According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI), Mayor Wilson has been placing the donated money in to his personal account since 2005.
Mayor Wilson has been booked into the local county jail on $5k bond with one count of official misconduct and one count of theft over $60k.
Tennessee was recently ranked as the “most corrupt” state in the country. A title, which Mayor Wilson, has helped to secure. The TBI is currently continuing their investigation.
Follow Michael Lotfi on Twitter: @MichaelLotfi
Latest posts by Michael Lotfi (see all)
- United Nations General Assembly condemns U.S. Cuba embargo - Nov 1, 2014
- Father Gets Banned From Daughter’s School Over Islam - Oct 31, 2014
- The U.S. Government Sues AT&T - Oct 29, 2014
- If Sarah Palin said things like this more often she’d be President - Oct 29, 2014
- Georgia man forced to remove his NRA Instructor hat before voting - Oct 29, 2014