For months Nancy Mace has been making headlines. Supporters have been eagerly waiting and praying for her to run against Lindsey Graham in the South Carolina GOP primary. It seems they will get their wish.
Mace is the daughter of Brigadier General Emory Mace (US Army Retired), and the first ever female graduate of The Citadel Military College of South Carolina. Holding a Master’s of Mass Communication and Journalism, and a Bachelor’s of Business, she is also the author of In the Company of Men: A Woman at The Citadel . In addition, Mace owns a successful small business called The Mace Group LLC, which is a public relations and marketing firm out of Charleston where she is married with two children. Mace is a contributor to multiple national media outlets such as The Hill and The Daily Caller. Having these ties make her dangerous to Graham as many primary candidates struggle to get national media attention.
Today she released some information, which thousands of supporters have been waiting to hear. She is planning to challenge Lindsey Graham and will make the announcement in her home town of Goose Creek, South Carolina this Saturday.
Mace said in an interview:
I believe we need a credible candidate who can challenge Graham. Someone who can bring together the liberty movement, the tea party, those who covet our second Amendment rights and the right to life, those who want to see greater economic freedom and prosperity brought to our nation through individual liberty and the free market. We need someone who believes in constitutional principles. We need someone who will not believe increasing taxes are suitable while ignoring out of control spending. What we are doing in Washington today is clearly not working. I am flattered by all of the attention. This is David vs. Goliath and it will take conservatives from across the movement to be successful.
Latest posts by Michael Lotfi (see all)
- Obama sneaks 760 illegal immigrants into Tennessee: “It’s unacceptable. No one was told,” says Governor - Jul 26, 2014
- New Details: ISIS demand four million Iraqi women undergo genital circumcision - Jul 26, 2014
- Exclusive: Fake “Honest” Candidate Raises Over $70K Running Against Mitch McConnell and Allison Grimes - Jul 24, 2014
- LOTFI: Sen. Lamar Alexander must apologize for lying about opposing federal education - Jul 24, 2014
- LOTFI: How Rand Paul won the GOP’s war on foreign policy - Jul 7, 2014