The heat has been turned on for Lindsey Graham, and he is feeling it. The embattled republican senator from South Carolina is relying on misleading semantics to deceive voters into reelecting him over his two serious challengers, state senator Lee Bright (R) and businesswoman Nancy Mace.
The Senate voted last week on whether or not to defund Obamacare. The vote for cloture was the last chance republicans had to stop Obamacare in the Senate. All eyes were on the cloture vote. If cloture was achieved republicans would be outnumbered on the final vote to defund Obamacare and Senate democrats would easily end all hope for those wanting Obamacare to end.
Only 19 senators (all republicans) voted no on cloture. Senator Scott, South Carolina’s replacement for Jim DeMint, joined the fight against cloture and voted no. Graham voted in favor of cloture. In total, 79 votes for cloture allowed debate to end and the final vote to take place. All knew that if the final vote was allowed to happen then Obamacare would not be defunded. However, that didn’t stop every republican in the Senate from voting against Obamacare funding on the final vote. This way they could return to their constituents, as Lindsey Graham did, and tell voters that they voted to defund Obamacare.
In the letter above we see a US Senator deceiving voters. Graham was not alone. Republican senators around the country played the same card in emails and social media updates telling their constituents they voted to stop Obamacare, but there was nothing more they could do. This was certainly not the case. By voting for cloture, the majority of republicans allowed for the funding of Obamacare.
Latest posts by Michael Lotfi (see all)
- Exclusive: Fake “Honest” Candidate Raises Over $70K Running Against Mitch McConnell and Allison Grimes - Jul 24, 2014
- LOTFI: Sen. Lamar Alexander must apologize for lying about opposing federal education - Jul 24, 2014
- LOTFI: How Rand Paul won the GOP’s war on foreign policy - Jul 7, 2014
- LOTFI: Fox News one of Hillary Clinton’s biggest donors for better part of two decades - Jul 3, 2014
- Breaking: Tea Party leader conspiring to photograph Senator Chochran’s wife in scandal found dead - Jun 27, 2014