The tech giant’s automated pal Siri has gone libertarian. It’s not immediately clear why. However, if you ask Siri, “Siri, what are your political views?” The answer may surprise you. She’ll direct you straight to Ron Paul’s Wikipedia page.
At first I thought- Surely this is just due to cookie tracking. Cookies allow tech companies to track your internet activity in order to better align you with search results, advertisements, etc.
So, I tried it on my friend’s phone. The best way to politically describe my friend? Whatever is left of total fascist, socialist. Same result. Perplexed, I tried it on my relatives phone. The best way to describe this relatives political views? Relative, “Who is Barack Obama?”…Same result.
No word yet on why Siri has changed her political views. Perhaps it has something to do with Rand Paul’s strong defense of Apple during a recent congressional hearing.
Hundreds of others have noticed the same… Try it out to see for yourself.
Follow Michael Lotfi On Twitter: @MichaelLotfi
Latest posts by Michael Lotfi (see all)
- NSA Chief: Federal legislation to end media leaks only weeks away - Mar 7, 2014
- Bitcoin Creator Revealed? - Mar 6, 2014
- RT Anchor Quits Live On Air: “I’m Proud To Be An American, I Believe In The Truth” - Mar 5, 2014
- BREAKING: U.S. Military Sends Fighter Jets To Assist NATO Among Ukraine Crisis - Mar 5, 2014
- BREAKING: Oklahoma legislators vote to nullify Agenda 21 - Mar 4, 2014