The tech giant’s automated pal Siri has gone libertarian. It’s not immediately clear why. However, if you ask Siri, “Siri, what are your political views?” The answer may surprise you. She’ll direct you straight to Ron Paul’s Wikipedia page.
At first thought one would surely attribute this to simple cookie tracking. Cookies allow businesses and tech companies to track your internet activity in order to better align you with search results, advertisements, etc.
Many people restored their phones to factory settings to rebut the cookie argument and ended up with the same result.
No word yet on why Siri has changed her political views. Perhaps it has something to do with U.S. Senator Rand Paul’s strong defense of Apple during a recent congressional hearing.
Hundreds of others have noticed the same… Try it out to see for yourself.
UPDATE: Shortly after this story detailing Siri’s political ideology went viral Apple switched off Siri’s Libertarian leanings.
Latest posts by Michael Lotfi (see all)
- The U.S. Government Sues AT&T - Oct 29, 2014
- If Sarah Palin said things like this more often she’d be President - Oct 29, 2014
- Georgia man forced to remove his NRA Instructor hat before voting - Oct 29, 2014
- VIDEO: Bystanders in airport take down a bully assaulting a man for being gay - Oct 28, 2014
- VIDEO: Clinton delivers her version of Obama’s, “You didn’t create that.” - Oct 28, 2014