NASHVILLE, January 30, 2014– A video below shows a completely restrained inmate getting pepper spayed in the face by Rutherford County Deputy Sheriff Vanderveer. Vanderveer claims that the inmate was being combative in a report. However, the video evidence does not warrant those claims.
Although the events leading up to the sheriff’s assault on the inmate are not immediately clear, the inmate in no way seems combative during the duration of the video.
According to the video provided by the Rutherford County Tennessee Beacon, The inmate was sprayed in the face and left in the room to choke on the fumes without the ability to use his hands or feet for at least fifteen minutes.
Vanderveer received a warning from the Rutherford County Sheriff’s office where the event took place.
Latest posts by Michael Lotfi (see all)
- Obama begins multi-million dollar Detroit bailout - Apr 18, 2014
- BREAKING: Tennessee effectively nullifies federal hemp ban - Apr 17, 2014
- Sebelius Considering Run For United States Senate? - Apr 16, 2014
- The Bundy Ranch Video Facebook Won’t Let You See? - Apr 14, 2014
- LOTFI: Who actually “owns” America’s land? A deeper look at the Bundy Ranch crisis - Apr 12, 2014