NASHVILLE, January 30, 2014– A video below shows a completely restrained inmate getting pepper spayed in the face by Rutherford County Deputy Sheriff Vanderveer. Vanderveer claims that the inmate was being combative in a report. However, the video evidence does not warrant those claims.
Although the events leading up to the sheriff’s assault on the inmate are not immediately clear, the inmate in no way seems combative during the duration of the video.
According to the video provided by the Rutherford County Tennessee Beacon, The inmate was sprayed in the face and left in the room to choke on the fumes without the ability to use his hands or feet for at least fifteen minutes.
Vanderveer received a warning from the Rutherford County Sheriff’s office where the event took place.
Latest posts by Michael Lotfi (see all)
- eBay blasts underhanded government attempts on internet sales tax in email to millions - Oct 23, 2014
- VIDEO: Mark Cuban has some blunt advice for Republicans - Oct 22, 2014
- Scheduling an appointment with a Psychiatrist is not as easy as it sounds - Oct 20, 2014
- EBOLA: Southern California college temporarily quarantined due to scare - Oct 17, 2014
- Democrats are the real party of the rich, not Republicans - Oct 17, 2014