NASHVILLE, January 30, 2014– A video below shows a completely restrained inmate getting pepper spayed in the face by Rutherford County Deputy Sheriff Vanderveer. Vanderveer claims that the inmate was being combative in a report. However, the video evidence does not warrant those claims.
Although the events leading up to the sheriff’s assault on the inmate are not immediately clear, the inmate in no way seems combative during the duration of the video.
According to the video provided by the Rutherford County Tennessee Beacon, The inmate was sprayed in the face and left in the room to choke on the fumes without the ability to use his hands or feet for at least fifteen minutes.
Vanderveer received a warning from the Rutherford County Sheriff’s office where the event took place.
Latest posts by Michael Lotfi (see all)
- Sen. Rand Paul’s wife talks about running for president in 2016 - Aug 25, 2014
- UN Ambassador: Obama releasing details of failed Foley rescue from ISIS is security breach - Aug 23, 2014
- LOTFI: Missouri Governor speaks out- Adds fuel to fire in Ferguson unrest - Aug 20, 2014
- Listen to Ron Paul defend Rick Perry regarding indictment - Aug 19, 2014
- Breaking: Missouri Governor calls National Guard to Ferguson - Aug 18, 2014