Open Carry Texas is a grassroots organization that seeks to educate the public about open carry in order to get public support for the next legislative session.
The organization’s website states: Open Carry Texas (OCT) is an organization dedicated to the safe and legal carry of firearms openly in the State of Texas in accordance with the United States and Texas Constitution and applicable laws.
Open Carry Texas has gained much attention recently. Benswann.com’s Kristin Tate reported on a peaceful 2nd Amendment rally they organized last week.
According to the Open Carry Texas Facebook page the two men arrested were upgraded to class A misdemeanor charges, criminal trespass with deadly weapon.
Joshua Cook asked Vice President and Chief Communications Officer Victoria Montgomery about what happened today. Listen to the exclusive interview below.
Our purpose is to 1) educate all Texans about their right to openly carry rifles and shotguns in a safe manner; 2) to condition Texans to feel safe around law-abiding citizens that choose to carry them; 3) encourage our elected officials to pass less restrictive open carry legislation for all firearms, especially pistols; and (4) foster a cooperative relationship with local law enforcement in the furtherance of these goals with an eye towards preventing negative encounters.
Latest posts by Joshua Cook (see all)
- South Carolina Losing jobs to states that embrace free markets and lower taxes - Aug 21, 2014
- Islamic Militants Execute American Journalist - Aug 20, 2014
- Update: Despite Shaky Currency Plans, Scottish Independence “Yes” Vote Advances - Aug 20, 2014
- Pro-Gun Milwaukee Sheriff Triumphs Over Bloomberg-Backed Opponent - Aug 17, 2014
- The Rise of the Warrior Cop just became real for Americans this Week - Aug 17, 2014