OKLAHOMA CITY, Mar. 4, 2014 – A bill that would nullify Agenda 21 in Oklahoma passed through the state house today.
“This bill protects your private property from being acquired by eminent domain from without a public vote or public hearing,” said bill sponsor, Rep. Lewis Moore.
HB2807, known as the “Oklahoma Community Protection Act,” would prohibit any state agency or political subdivision from adopting or implementing “policy recommendations that deliberately or inadvertently infringe upon or restrict private property rights without due process.”
It also would void any previous commitments which may have been made under Agenda 21 or a similar program.
It reads, “any debt or commitment to an international or federal entity whereby the citizens did not have the ability to exercise their constitutional rights shall be considered null and void.”
The bill passed by a vote of 66-26.
The United Nations passed Agenda 21 in 1992 at its Conference on Environmental and Development. The global initiative encompasses a wide range of programs meant to promote “sustainability.” It works its way into the U.S. system through a back door strategy, targeting local governments. Objections to Agenda 21 include violations of personal property rights, the erosion of state and local authority, and binding of the United States to international agreements contrary to the U.S. Constitution.
HB2805 now moves to the state senate, where it will first need to be passed by a committee before the full senate has an opportunity to concur.
The Tenth Amendment Center, a national think tank focused on reclaiming state power from the federal government, has been following the bill closely and working directly with legislators to ensure its success.
Latest posts by Michael Lotfi (see all)
- ISIS intervention price-tag shocking many American taxpayers - Sep 30, 2014
- New labor statistics show many Americans still suffering in the job market - Sep 30, 2014
- This city is demanding $125 just to take pictures in public parks - Sep 30, 2014
- Colleges forcing fraternities to accept women into their ranks in the name of “gender equality” - Sep 26, 2014
- Obama Administration takes action to prohibit companies from leaving America - Sep 25, 2014